If you're gearing up to replace the existing windows in your home or if you're in the process of building a new home from the bottom up, let Nova Exteriors handle all of your window needs. Why? We make installation a breeze and we know everything there is to know about windows.
As a leader in Northern Virginia window replacement and installation, we'll make sure that your needs are aligned with the windows of your dreams. We offer cost-effective solutions for customers with budget constraints and with a wide-variety of window styles, you're guaranteed to find a window that meets your budget and your style approval.
And if you're ready to give your home an upgrade by installing the greenest window on the market, we can help you with that too. NOVA Exteriors is proud to be the exclusive provider of Verde Windows, America's new favorite window on the market.
Tell Me about Verde Windows
What's not to love about Verde windows? The Verde window is magical with its wealth of benefits which include energy efficiency, self-cleaning ability, and solar plus capabilities. Here's a little more in-depth information regarding the benefits you'll enjoy when you install the Verde window:
- Energy Efficiency: When it comes to energy efficiency, there is just no other window like the Verde. The Verde window features UltraCore™ insulation with insulation that's comparable to a freezer door. As if the polyurethane core wasn't enough to seal out the cold, but this super window also features an open-cell PolyFoam wrap insulation to fill the gap in between the window and the frame of the home.
- Solar Guard: These windows effectively and actively keep the heat in during the colder months of the year and keep the heat on during the hotter months of the year. This is thanks to the featured SolarPlus™ coating.
- Self-Cleaning: When you install the Verde window, you'll never have to clean windows again. The Verde window features a layer that invites the sun's rays to break down dirt. Following the sun's break down of dirt, one good rain storm will wash the grime away. You probably think this leaves spots and messy windows, but no, you're left with streak-free and clean windows.
Available Window Types
Window Styles Offered by Nova Exteriors
When it comes to "style," these are the types of windows we provide to hoemowners in need of Northern Virginia window replacement or installation:
- Double-Hung: Require minimal maintenance, lovely to look at, and easy to operate.
- Sliding: Similar to a sliding glass door, only it's a window! These windows are not only aesthetically appealing but they're highly energy efficient.
- Casement: This type of window is beautiful, provides maximum air flow and opens outwards with the turn of a handle.
- Awning: The awning window opens out like a casement window with the exception that it opens out from the bottom, instead of from the side. These types of windows provide maximum airflow and provide a lovely unique touch to a living space.
- Picture Windows: If you crave sunlight and just can't get enough Vitamin D, then why not consider opening up your living space with a beautiful picture window? The picture window provides ample sunlight and maximum energy efficiency.
- Bay and Bow: The bay and bow window is a gorgeous window that would make a lovely addition to a bedroom, sitting room, guest room, or any room. Have a seat and enjoy the views outdoors on a picturesque day, while savoring the fact that you're saving loads of money on heating and cooling costs.
Request a FREE Estimate for Northern Virginia Window Installation
If you've heard enough and you'd like to learn more, we invite you to request a complementary, FREE, estimate with NOVA Exteriors. You can make your request right here on our website or you can pick up the phone and give us a call. We want to be your Northern Virginia window installation or replacement contractor and look forward to doing business with you.
NOVA Exteriors is a licensed and fully-insured window contractor with over 10,000 successful installations under our belt. We've been in business providing Northern Virginia homeowners with premium contracting services since 1995.
This serves as a guide to a typical window installation. Your project may vary depending upon the specific work contracted.
- You will receive a call from the front office to set an appointment to do an exact measurement on your window order.
- We will order your windows. When we receive them in our warehouse, we will call to set an appointment for the installation.
- For the most part, we normally install between 10 & 15 windows per 2 person crew, per day. For Pella wood windows that lessens to 5-7 per day.
- We ask that you remove your curtains or drapes and back the furniture from the windows.
- We will remove the windows starting with the storm windows and work our way toward the inside.
- Your interior trim will not be disturbed.
- The frames of the windows are insulated with a collapsible foam insulation and installed with 4-3" screws hidden by the blind stops.
- We adjust the center of the frame with by turning the butterfly.
- The sashes and screen are installed in the frame.
- The exterior wood brick molds are caped to the dimension of the brick mold or window trim with a vinyl coated aluminum coil stock, custom bent and molded to your window on the job site.
- Next, we caulk and seal the exterior and interior of the window to keep out air and water.
- Finally, we will vacuum the floor around the base of the window.
- If you have any valuables hanging on your walls, please take care to remove them as they may become unstable in the construction process.
- If you have a security system, we will remove the units, however we are not electricians and ask you to please call them to reinstall the system. (We don't want to cause a false alarm).
- If you notice there is condensation on the inside pane (not in between the dual panes of glass), that is due to moisture being trapped in the home, which means that the windows are performing their job and doing what they were designed to do.