In 2011 NOVA Exteriors, Inc. became a member of the Provia Platinum Club. This is the highest honor that is awarded to a company nationwide for excellent craftsmanship and service. Only 38 companies nationwide are Platinum Club members.
ProVia has been an ENERGY STAR® Partner with the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy since 2002, and is the only door manufacturer that has ever received any ENERGY STAR award for door manufacturing. The company has won the prestigious ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year award for Door Manufacturing four times, and the ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence award four times.
ProVia's Embarq fiberglass door provides a U-factor of 0.10 -- the lowest recorded heat conduction measurement for entry doors in the U.S.
Quality contractors will agree that Provia Door by far builds the highest quality door systems on the market today. Provia offers many different styles, colors, and options for doors.
Available Door Types
Serving the Northern Virginia and D.C area, Nova Exteriors is the premier company for exterior home remodeling. Nova Exteriors places high importance on quality work, offering guarantees with home remodeling's completed by the company. The company provides quality work that aids a homeowner in a number of areas. Full home remodels are done to help the exterior of the home to increase its curb appeal. Along with the look of the remodel, importance is also placed on green energy used inside of the home. If you are looking for a company that can help increase the value of your property with a high emphasis on craftsmanship, Nova Exteriors is your company.
Nova Exteriors Doors
Of all the companies that offer superior doors with installation, Nova Exteriors is at the top of the list in the DC metropolitan area. The entrance of a home should be inviting to visitors and the door should look just as well decorated as the rest of the home.
Selecting a new front door should be based on aesthetics as well as green energy. You want to make sure that the door is properly insulated against the cold. During cold D.C winters you want to make sure that the cold air is unable to seep in and cause your home heating to be less effective. Nova Exteriors offers a selection of doors that anyone in the D.C area can use for their home. The doors are all energy star compliant, helping your electricity bill and your curb appeal at the same time. The technicians from Nova can help you understand the measurements from the door, then remove the old door to make way for your new purchase.
Nova Exteriors' top rating makes it the company to work with in the D.C area. If you are interested in a home remodeling, large or small, call Nova Exteriors to complete your renovation task with the highest class features.
Our dedication to creating energy-efficient products led to an active partnership with the ENERGY STAR Program. Since 2002, our engineers have worked closely with leading agencies in the industry like ENERGY STAR that dedicate themselves to environmental responsibility. We work hard to produce professional-class doors and custom replacement windows that meet or exceed ENERGY STAR qualifying criteria and proudly display the distinctive blue label on our products.
This serves as a guide to a typical door installation. Your project may vary depending upon the specific work contracted.
- You will receive a call from the front office to set an appointment to do an exact measurement on your door order.
- We will order your doors. When we receive them in our warehouse, we will call to set an appointment for the installation.
- For the most part, we normally install 1 or 2 doors per 2 person crew, per day.
- We ask that you remove your curtains or drapes and back the furniture from the doors.
- If you have any valuables hanging on your walls, please take care to remove them as they may become unstable in the construction process.
- We will remove the doors starting with the storm door and work our way toward the inside.
- We remove the whole door and frame down to the original wood jamb, inspect for rotted wood on the floor and replace at no charge. If there is rot on the floor joists it will be on a time and material basis.
- The frames of the doors are insulated with collapsible foam insulation.
- The door is then carefully installed and shimmed so as to be plumb and level.
- The exterior wood brick molds are caped to the dimension of the brick mold or door trim with a vinyl coated aluminum coil stock, custom bent and molded to your door on the job site.
- Your interior trim will be replaced.
- Next, we caulk and seal the exterior and interior of the door to keep out air and water.
- Finally, we will vacuum the floor around the base of the door.
- If you have a security system, we will remove the units, however we are not electricians and ask you to please call them to reinstall the system. (We don't want to cause a false alarm).