A deck provides a comfortable space to spend time outside when the weather is nice. Additionally, it increases the amount of living space within the home without a large investment or a long construction time. Adding a deck to your home improves its appearance and can increase the home's value. Nova Exteriors specializes in building Northern Virginia custom decks using the finest materials and craftsmanship.
More Living Space
Adding a deck to the house increases your living space, especially when you are entertaining guests or hosting a social event. Rather than crowding everyone inside the house, guests can relax on the deck and enjoy the lovely weather. Nova Exteriors uses AZEK® synthetic decking and rails to create a deck that is easy to care for and attractive, making it an ideal place to impress guests.
Nova Exteriors provides an affordable service and can help you design and build a deck that matches your needs and your budget. You can even include spaces for benches, built-in grills, and other features that make the living space more comfortable. Additionally, working with Nova Exteriors takes the headache out of building a custom deck. They obtain all necessary permits and handle all the inspections so you don't have to.
Nova Exteriors uses the finest materials to build a deck for your home that is meant to last. In addition to AZEK® synthetic decking, you can choose from cedar wood decking and #1 grade pressure treated wood decking as well. While you can opt for a basic deck, you can also design a complex deck that adds visual and architectural interest to your home. Builders put a lot of time and care into making sure that your deck is attractive and will provide you with many years of enjoyment.
Increase Home Value
If you are still not sure about adding a custom deck to your home, then consider the possibility that a finely crafted deck could increase the value of your home and make it more attractive to buyers later on. Having a comfortable living space outdoors attracts buyers and sets your home apart from others on the market. Because the cost of building a deck is so low, you can easily recoup the cost of construction if you choose to sell your home.
If you are looking for a Northern Virginia custom deck contractor, then consider Nova Exteriors. Since they began building decks in 1995, they have risen to become one of the Top 500 Remodelers in the nation. Nova Exteriors strives to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. They are bonded, insured, and stand behind their products to ensure that your new deck meets all of your expectations. Visit the Nova Exteriors website to receive an estimate for your deck project.
This serves as a guide to a typical deck installation. Your project may vary depending upon the specific work contracted.
- You will receive a call from the front office to receive a start date for your project.
- NOVA Exteriors, Inc. will pull all the permits and will be responsible for all inspections.
Homeowner responsible for HOA approval (NOVA may assist in process).
- Review project with the home owner and make any final changes.
- Demo and remove old deck or patio (if replacement project).
- Install a 2 x 10 ledger board against house and over existing siding.
- Dig post foundation holes approximately 24" and fill with 8" of concrete.
- Install 6 x 6 posts, with a 3" notch to hold the carrier beam.
- Install beveled and routed carrier beams approximately 2 feet from each edge of the deck to run parallel with the house (or where appropriate), thereby making our decks free standing and safe.
- Install 2 x 10 floor joists.
- Install 2 x 6 floor boards.
- Install 4 x 4 rail posts.
- Install 2 x 4 top and bottom railings, screwed to the 4 x 4 rail posts with 2" pickets, screwed 3-1/2" on center.
- Install 2 x 6 hand rail, beveled and routed.
- Install a 2 x 6 band board at the entire perimeter to cover unsightly showing of the ends of the decking boards.
- Install 4' wide steps with closed risers.
- Rout all edges.
- Some options as follows; railing designs, 45 degree cut corners with a sunburst railing, hot tubs sunken in the deck or sitting above deck. Optional Bench, Trellis, Free-Standing Landing, Lattice, Fence, Gates or Planters. Cedar, Trex or other composite decking available. Also available are several railing types (vinyl, trex, endurance, Dekorator). We use Grade 1 PT lumber. Green alternatives available.